Tapestries are a great way to add a splash of personality to any room. Thanks to their increasing popularity, you can now choose from an endless amount of fabrics, styles, prints, and sizes. Here are three expert tips to help you choose a tapestry that's perfect for you.
How do I choose a tapestry style and pattern that will match my decorating scheme?
You want the tapestry you choose to express your interests and to feel perfectly in sync with the rest of your decor. Here's a look at a few tapestry styles and patterns you can choose from that will match your home decor:
Do you want a colorful tapestry that demands attention?
Tapestries are a great way to add a pop of color to your white walls. If you want a colorful tapestry, mandala and abstract tapestries and wall hangings can be a great choice.
- Try an orange and red mandala tapestry if you want to add warmth to your room. If you prefer cool tones, there are some mesmerizing blue, purple, and white combinations.
- Abstract tapestries complement a modern decorating scheme. If you want the tapestry on your wall to be a piece of art you can lose yourself in, an abstract tapestry pattern is perfect for you. You can choose an understated, pastel color combination, or go for loud, contrasting colors that make a statement.
Do you want to showcase your love of travel?
If you are a wandering soul who loves to travel and incorporate trinkets and decor from all over the world into your decor, the decor on your wall should complement that. Tapestries and wall hangings of cities, countries, or maps can be a great addition to your home.
- A tapestry of your favorite city or country can be an interesting conversation starter. Or you can put the country that's on your travel bucket list on your wall, so it's always there to remind you what you're striving towards.
- Map tapestries can be a great addition to any decor. Choose a map that's colorful or has abstract elements to it if you want your home to have a modern, minimalist look to it. If you want your tapestry to match your bohemian style, choose an antique-looking map with beige and yellow tones to it.
Do you want a touch of nature on your wall?
If you want to make your room feel like an escape from busy city life, tapestries and wall hangings with landscapes, nature, or beach scenes are perfect for you.
- Tapestries that feature nature can add calming energy to your home. You can express your love of nature by choosing a tapestry with mountains, rivers, or trees on it.
- If you are in a perpetual waiting-for-summer mode and the beach is where you feel your happiest, you can bring joy into your home with a nautical-themed tapestry. You can make every day feel like a vacation by choosing a tapestry featuring a beach, waves, or boats.
Where should I hang my tapestry?
Short answer, you can hang a tapestry wherever you want. They are a great addition to bedrooms, living rooms, even bathrooms. What you should take into consideration, however, are the aesthetic and color scheme of the room, and the size of the walls.
- Tapestries and wall hangings cover a large surface, so they can make or break the aesthetics of a room. If you don't know which room your tapestry will look best in, try out different placements until you find the one you like.
- If you want your tapestry to fit in with your room seamlessly, try placing it directly above a couch or a bed, so the edge lower of the tapestry falls slightly behind it. This will make your room feel more cohesive.
- If you want your tapestry to stand out, you should place it on a wall with plenty of space. Making tapestry the main wall decor with plenty of blank space around it will surely give it the attention it deserves.
How do I choose the right size for my tapestry?
The size of your tapestry is a matter of personal preferences and how much space you have on your walls. Still, there are some helpful tips to keep in mind when choosing the size of your tapestry:
- If you plan to hang your tapestry above a couch or a bed, the length of the tapestry should be smaller than the length of your couch or bed. When placing your tapestry, make sure the center of the tapestry matches up with the center of the couch or bed.
- If you are looking to make a large room feel smaller, go for a large tapestry. A large print that spreads across most of the wall can make your room feel cozier. If you have a small room and you want to place a big tapestry in it, go for lighter, pastel colors. Dark or bright colors can make a small room feel even smaller.
- Small tapestries look amazing in spaces like bathrooms or hallways. They are a great choice if you love the feel tapestry gives to a room, but think a larger print might be too much. Hang it above a desk or between bookshelves for a pop of color.
3 Expert Tips To Choose A Tapestry
Aug 01, 2022